Our next event is in Ilkley on Saturday March 14th – online entry here. It’s the usual treasure hunt format, but note this event is 2.5 hours rather the usual 2. Online entry closes midnight Wednesday 11th. Runners also welcome as per our last few events.
Planned by Tony Thornley, the event base at the Ilkley Moor Vaults, Stockeld Road, Ilkley LS29 9HD
Registration and parking are 400m west of the centre of Ilkley on the A65. Turn North off the A65 onto Stockeld Road, just East of Pelican crossing. Ilkley Moor Vaults is on the left. Please do not park in the pub car park as it’s tiny and will be busy with start/finish. Best parking is in the church car park 20m down the hill on the opposite side of the road. Donation (£2 suggested), payable at registration, for parking. You can park on the road for max 3 hours but it’s often full and there are traffic wardens all over Ilkley nowadays. Registration in the pub. Start/Finish in the pub car park.
Food: you can pre-order food in advance – email Tony (tonythornley at btinternet.com) by Thursday 12th with choice and approx time, or you can order on the day. There is Main Menu and a Vegan Menu available.
- The event map is 1:40000/10m contours based on enhanced OS25000 (NB not the usual NYMBO style!).
- All main and ‘yellow’ road overprinted for clarity.
- All bridleways marked in magenta (if obvious on the ground) and graded with dashes – longer dashes = more rideable. Bridleways not easy to see on the ground marked in blue.
- All feasible river and canal crossings emphasised on the map.
- Safety: your route is likely to follow stretches of the A65 and A6034 in places. Please take care – these are busy roads.