However, it’s great to be able to announce that our next event will be on Saturday October 3rd, based out of Richmond Golf Club and planned by Steve Willis.
It will be a ‘treasure hunt format’ event, and there will be a maximum of 40 riders. Entry will be online only (i.e. no entry on the day and no spare maps).
Riders will set off solo or in pairs at 2 minute intervals between 9.30 and 10.30. When you enter, you can choose one of 3 waves (9.30 – 9.50 | 9.50 – 10.10 | 10.10 – 10.30). We’ll allocate individual start times when people enter, and then publish the list on the website a few days before.
- The blank map will be posted here a week before (no printed versions at the event)
- You’ll need a pen to write down your answers
- Solo or in pairs every 2 minutes between 9.30 and 10.30
- Please arrive just 20 minutes before your start time but don’t go to the start until 2 minutes beforehand.
- You can use the toilets beforehand but no cycling shoes or helmets in the club house please and use the hand sanitiser
- You will mark your own answer sheet when you finish then give your score to Steve Willis.
- Refreshments will be on sale afterwards but you must sign the ‘track & trace’ list, use hand sanitiser, maintain social distancing and sit in groups of no more than 4
There will be no prizegiving but the 5 category winners will receive a free entry for the next event.
A Senior Men
B Veteran Men (M50+)
D Mixed Pairs
E Generation/Junior Pairs
Hopefully, we’ll also be able to run similar events from November through March – details to follow soon!
Hope to see you there – check back for updates over the next couple of weeks